AutoDesSys

interactive view navigation issues with custom shortcuts

3dworks

in FZ8 my shortcut for interactive view navigation is not working anymore correctly. i used to assign the middle mouse click to the 'hand ineractive' tool, so that i can drag in a very fast way my window content, like in photoshop. this worked perfectly in the past, keep all selections. now, after using the middle mouse click, all selections are gone, deselected!

i'm having a similar problem when using the setting to actually use clicks on the tool palettes to select a tool instead of activating by hovering over them. when i select certain tools like unjoin, the actual selection wil already be actively unjoined, which should only happen with the next click after selecting the tool.

please can we get back the way it was in FZ7?

Hi Markus,

The  middle mouse button is the default key shortcut for Hand Interactive, and should not deselect any pre-picked objects.  If you go to the Edit Menu: Key Shortcuts, click Load Defaults, OK, and then retest it, does that then work properly for you?

Or if that is still not working, if you get a New Project, draw a cube, and then Pan with the middle Mouse button, does that deselect objects for you?  (If that is working but another specific file is not, can you send  a portion of that file that shows the issue so we can test with that?)

• 1 year later...

I am having similar problems.

FZ8, MACOS 10.9.5

The middle mouse button key board shortcuts for navigation pan and orbit only work intermittently.

The short cuts sometimes work after pan and orbit have been activated through the toolbar.

Is there a fix or workaround for this problem?

Hi Neils,

First, if you are using an Apple mouse that does not have a middle mouse button, that will likely cause issues.  Get any decent mouse with a dedicated wheel and middle mouse button and that should work a lot better (at least if you install the driver for the mouse).

Next, if you make key shortcuts for tools, then the shortcut will activate the tool -- and then you can use that tool.  This is ok for beginners, but not ideal for advanced users, who should use the Interactive View Navigation commands instead (which immediately start navigating as the command is activated).  You can find and set these via the Edit Menu: Key Shortcuts as seen below:

post-5-0-90722200-1454272851_thumb.jpg

Does that help?

Once again thanks for the prompt reply!

I'm using a Logitech 3-button mouse, the central button is a scroll wheel but also sends a "click" when the wheel is depressed.

FormZ is seeing the commands. When I depress the mouse scroll wheel the cursor changes to a hand and SOMETIMES (about 30% of the time) allowing me to pan the screen.

Just as when I hold down the scroll wheel while depressing the command key on the keyboard the cursor changes to the orbit icon and I can orbit the camera roughly a third of the time. 

Is there something I could be inadvertently doing to turn mouse navigation control on / off or is this a bug?

If its a bug, I can work around it as the menu commands still work 100% of the time.

Archived