AutoDesSys

How do you rotate a camera in TwinMotion on the Z axis to obtain a video where the rotation is 360°?

How do you rotate a camera in TwinMotion on the Z axis to obtain a video where the rotation is 360°?
I tried to insert a rotator but it only makes me link objects; in form Z you can rotate a camera 360° only on the Z axis...

Andrea.

Hello again,

I see what you are looking for.  You will need to create a Media>Video of the first view keyframe, then move the camera view by right clicking and dragging on the large preview to create the second camera view.  Then use the little + icon next to the first video to save this as the second keyframe.  Repeat this until you have your whole rotation covered as you wish.  I believe you will want to create at least 4 camera keyframes for a 360* video.   After that, you'll simply want to Export the Video.

Here's a nice video that should help clarify things.  Starting around 10:53 for the Creating Videos from cameras and keyframes.

Thanks very much, Justin! I already tried to make a rotation of camera with this metod but each time the fourth keyframs contain a pan of views, too and ther'isnt an only rotation of camera but also a mix of pan and rotate... I this that with metod is useful for walking on the model rather that a make only a rotation movie...

Andrea

I think I know what you are talking about.  If you add multiple keyframes, then there is a pause at each view, which is undesirable. 

I figured out a work around by using the Sequence option, where you basically just create a video with 2-3 keyframes that are a nice smooth motion, then another with 2-3 more keyframes but this one has the same starting position as the end of the first keyframe.  You can then Copy and Paste these video keyframes into the Sequence Editor in TM.

Here's a rough idea of what I'm talking about.

image.png.4913e821e0ac5a5c058d9459f678a7ad.png

image.png.d399f32e1890d2add4ffd4da1d53a691.png

image.thumb.png.f0bbfe0eaa8833859a1a4ace2ea296c5.png

By using the Sequence Editor you have more granular control over the videos and it's easier to keep the camera movement constant than if you simply use a bunch of keyframes.

Does that help?

1 hour ago, Justin Montoya said:

if you simply use a bunch of keyframes.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion Justin, but for a 20 seconds animation at 30 fps I have to do at least 200 keyframes... Too works! Andrea