AutoDesSys

Form Z 10 Workflow

Hi Hugo & all,
I'm still interested in Form.Z & may sometime in the not too distant future actually make a purchase rather than tinkering with Form.Z-Free. The tutorials I purchased from Evan Troxel spurred me on a bit & the new weekly tutorials on YOUTUBE certainly demonstrates the vast number of tools/control you have compared to SU. It will be interesting when PowerCADD gets released & how it would be used with Form.Z 

I couldn't find any video tutorials on PowerCADD, so it's a bit of a mystery of what you can achieve with it, but a French sales website shows some very detailed plans anyone would be impressed upon, link below:-  

https://www.radesoftware.com/

As for Affinity Publisher, did you also look at Affinity Designer, this apparently has more drawing abilities !

Because I am not drawing in Aff Pub. I draw all in FMZ 3D. By the way, I got the Affinity suite anyway. As mentioned before, it's all about Layout and perfect graphics output.

1 minute ago, CJTFORM-Z said:

I'm still interested in Form.Z & may sometime in the not too distant future actually make a purchase rather than tinkering with Form.Z-Free.

In my opinion FormZ Pro is the way to go for many reasons. You will not disappointed.

3 minutes ago, CJTFORM-Z said:

As for Affinity Publisher, did you also look at Affinity Designer, this apparently has more drawing abilities !

See my previous post.

Maybe to consider using 3D modelling software the way FMZ has developed is the easiest way to get correct output. Drawing should be limited as much as possible, per definition. Modelling is the way to think. But, that's my opinion... 😉

Edited by Hugo

3 minutes ago, Hugo said:

Because I am not drawing in Aff Pub. I draw all in FMZ 3D. By the way, I got the Affinity suite anyway. As mentioned before, it's all about Layout and perfect graphics output.

That's interesting, when I use SU, it's mostly for the 3D model & all 2D plan items per-se are added within SU-Layout, i.e. dimensions, text & symbols etc. So this is what I was hopeful you could achieve in FZ layout, rather than another programme.  

The problem with Layout is the connection (“automatically updated “) with the 3D modeller. It’s not rock solid therefore you can’t trust your 2d output.

If disconnecting 2D and 3D model you could try Layout, but still poor graphics. For some users it could be a solution.

avoiding errors in real world we should use a Cad program that can do everything well! …but, forget that. 
I believe in simplicity, a simple workflow with maximum control and professional graphics is what I like the most.