AutoDesSys

C-Round options have disappeared since months ago

Here is a pic of my c-round options. Where have they gone? I haven't needed them for a few months, but now I do and they are not there. I cannot make industrial patterns for castings without this feature - which, incidentally has NEVER functioned reliably, consistently and/or correctly. I have mentioned this over and over again and since many years ago on this forum and to customer support - I gave that up around 2012, as there was no coherent or usable response or fix offered... Now for my pleasure, and as a 'special feature' in Version 9, ALL of my c-round options have disappeared. I have tried all the much-published 'work-arounds' and yes, I have the newest version, yes, I have removed/changed/reset my preference file. Yes I run the latest MAC operating System on my M1 I-Mac. At least in version 6.*, rounding and fillets almost worked predictably, but this function is simply a nightmare. Take two cubes, one copied from the other, and it would have worked inexplicably on one correctly and not on the other, for example. I must  suspect that the programmers/powers that be are primarily interested in Architectural subjects and nice-looking renderings, but largely ignore industrial mechanical engineering requirements? VERY frustrating... FormZ is wonderful in many ways, BUT... Why do the old bugs reappear, new version after new version and with what seems like precious little attention to fixing them as they appear - I am exasperated.

image.png.53c71b7754136021cd5917e82c7b678d.png 

That was it!

If you click on an object with the Controlled Rounding tool selected, the rest of the options will appear.

ScreenShot2024-05-03at1_34_00PM.jpg.1b8b19975d2f8d5bda9861b3e3fb6e91.jpgScreenShot2024-05-03at1_35_14PM.jpg.267af435a50ea7c655991e0cad8b6bf8.jpg

There is a known issue where if you have Return to Pick enabled, it will forego the Rounding operation and immediately swap to the Pick tool. This can be disabled in the Modeling section of the [Edit >] Preferences.