AutoDesSys

Offset midpoint snapping

Continuing on from trying to recreate part example on Form Z product page:

I cannot seem to get the mid-point snap to work with offset tool to modify the middle rounded section. The endpoints do seem to have snapping, I believe I have the correct snap options set on the bottom part of the screen (pretty much all of them at this point in trying to get this to work). Video attached for demonstration purposes, end points are clearly 'snapping' and showing round dots/bullets.

Hello again,

Looking over the original product demo video, they do not use a mid point snap for this step.  It may look like it at first, but other than the center snap, they just are clicking at the relative points because the part is built on a even scale that matches the Grid settings.  

You'll need to type in a numeric value for the Distance at this step if you want the middle of this cylinder circumfrance.  So if your center cylinder is 4mm thick, then type in 2 and hit ENTER when you do the offset tool.    

image.png.9820110dbce6422a7bc617c73ed6d44c.png