AutoDesSys

Palette resizing

Hi Folks

I've just come back to Form Z after being away using other drawing programs because I want to get back more into modeling. I have upgraded to V10. The links to the manuals and tutorial videos don't seem to work very well which is making refreshing my old brain (even for the most minor issues) about the subtle nuances of various tools etc a bit frustrating to say the least.

To my current point: I've been using drafting mode on my laptop and the main tool palette is taking up a lot of real estate on the screen even to the point of making the bottom tools in accessible.

Does anyone know how to resize the main tool palette. I presume that it is possible but I can't find any details in the manual anywhere?

Hi Thommo,

Can I ask what is your screen resolution?  I don't use formZ Draft Layout much but opening it with a fresh install looks like it has plenty of room on my 1920x1200 screen:

image.thumb.png.e75d9181b2f9329f6740ca02bc297c90.png

That being said, there is a lot of flexibility in formZ.  With the Palettes in particular you may find clicking the edge of the Palette Dock will let you drag it smaller or larger. You can also try moving or turning off the Palette Dock (right side palettes nesting place) will buy you a lot of screen space.  In formZ I actually have this on my second of three monitors so my modeling window is larger.  All of the palettes and their docks can be turned on and off from the Palettes menu.

image.png.a4d41a124b601ddb67b2d8f4665b5d8a.png

After a quick customization, I'd setup formZ Draft Layout like this with the Status Bar - Bottom hidden after CTRL+Click+Dragging the Snap Tools and Reference Plane Tool bars to the empty space in the top bar.  I also much prefer having my Toolbar on the right next to the Tool Options for cursor moving all the way across the screen continuously.  To do this you right click on the Tool bar and select Move Dock Right:

image.thumb.png.d08c32bc7705a362a9813fd9bbf52b2c.png

Does this help?

Hi Justin,

Thanx for your reply.

My M1 Macbook Pro has a 14" liquid retina XDR screen with a resolution of 3024 x 1964.

I can't seem to alter my default screen in any way.

I have attached a screenshot of my default screen to give you an idea of what I'm talking about.

Regards,

Grant Thompson

Screenshot of default draft screen.png

Hi Grant,

It looks like your Drafting Tools toolbar got reset in a strange way and is now setup with a large Tool Icon Size.  I can recreate this here by turning up the Tool Icon Size:

image.thumb.png.bf9687c76c2fd3d46433161618b635ff.png

Thankfully, you can easily reset this smaller.  Start by going to Workspace > Tool Manager.  With the Tool Manager window open, Right Click on the oversized icon Tool bar and click on Settings...:

image.thumb.png.eb78ce113c4945fddf113ba41bf74de3.png

Drag the little blue slider over to about the Third index mark and click OK and you will get a smaller Tool Icon Size:

image.png.cdf565ed59d8913b3618aaa88ac07602.png

image.thumb.png.bc3f866000221a604a61342abb9b806f.png

Cheers.