AutoDesSys

Rectangle tool cursor pick position seems off

This is unusual. A couple of things to check...

1- Looks like you are planning a small scale project, so make sure you set that up for accuracy under File>Project Settings:

image.thumb.png.c71462668eb6e27f3c9cb2e93ca8bd4c.png

2nd, I'd check and see if your grid snaps aren't messing with things here:

image.png.d6fc99aba4cbd5507d68aa781868063e.png

Thanks for the reply,

I had/have grid snap off. I have miniature watch with Metric millimeters in project settings.

Playing around with different options (grid snap on/off, lock plain on/off, clicking in different areas), only thing I can notice is that it is thrown off when that green plus + bubble shows up, without the green plus, it is an accurate click).

I don't know what the green plus bubble does other than throw off my click position.

Interesting.

That Green Plus means you likely have 'Insert' turned On under the Tool options:

image.png.0d04b22df9c4abfce31ea486d96bd88f.png

While that Insert option is a handy feature to cut holes into things without the extra step of differencing them, you usually need to use the grid snap, or some other points or guides, or references in order to cut the newly drawn shape in the exact location you want.

Upon further testing, I can recreate your problem here.

To Fix it, you just need to adjust the Numeric accuracy to greater than the default 1mm.  I changed it to 0.01 mm.  This will let the cursor more accurately follow your picked point.

image.png.b40091ecc7d51e6b4df3ebf5f6dedaab.png

Edited by Justin Montoya

I seem to be getting different results on this end unfortunately.

I checked the project settings and my Numeric Accuracy is already set to 0.01 mm.

The Plus green bubble icon appears immediately after drawing out a rectangle and returning my cursor to hover over it (if I wanted to draw another rectangle within it for instance). The checkbox for Insert is off and I am on the first option (2D Surface) in Tool Options.

I have attached a video showing the whole application including the side pallets/panels.

Something strange is happening on your end.  That green bubble should not be showing up when the Insert option is unchecked.  Try toggling it on and off again?  

Even so, the Insert option should not be causing your cursor clicks to become inaccurate.  The only time I have seen this is if the Numeric Accuracy wasn't set with enough places.  Try changing it to 0.0001 mm and let us know if that improves.