AutoDesSys

I made the big step from Mac to Windows but in the same project formZ 9.2 for windows 11 render different from formZ 9.2 for MacOS

AndyD

I made the big step from Mac to Windows but in the same project formZ 9.2 for windows 11 render different from formZ 9.2 for MacOS; in some project Maxwell IBL light resulted overexposed and scattered MXS Trees are moltiplicate and counted separared so that in a formZ project there are over 10,000 MXS trees instead a single tree...

Andrea

That's really strange, I do all my modelling on an iMac which is networked to a Windows 11 PC which I do some of the rendering on. I've never run into this issue.

Are you using Maxwell scatter or FormZ scatter for the trees?

So you are using a single MXS tree referenced in Maxwell scatter (MaxwellZ plugin) set to a ground at a particular density (say 0.2 instances per m2)? Or are you placing the MXS tree manually? Can you render straight to Maxwell Studio so you can check the amount of instances?

Regarding the overexposure, did you change units or anything like that?

Sorry for all the questions.

Hi Des, i set MXS to a ground... And regarding the overexposure I only open the file and tested a frame (it is an animation) where the glass reflected too much with same setting of formZ Mac project...

Andrea

If you want to, use the "Package for Renderfarm" function in the MaxwellZ dropdown menu in Fz and zip it to wetransfer or dropbox or whatever and send me the link.

I can open it in Maxwell Studio to have a look.

Des

My mistake... The formZ Mac version present the same problems... I don't know how the my old formZ files change the quality of renderings from the animations and still images; Is the problem the conversion from Maxwell 4 to 5? Or from Z 8 to 9 versione?