AutoDesSys

formZ and Onshape

ZTEK

Is there anyone on the forum who uses or has used in the past formZ in tandem with Onshape willing to share their experience and some good advice? I'm thinking mainly about complementing both applications at some level during the design phase before moving to production.

The context of my question relates to high-end custom woodworking and cabinet design and fabrication. The work system includes two CNC machines controlled by CAM software (I don't remember which one), which is not my area of expertise. The regular work is full-parametric, but design approvals and sometimes smaller projects don't require it. If I can define a good workflow, I plan to integrate formZ somehow.

After two weeks of training on Onshape, I will start working on my first project next week. It is a simple one, and I plan to test how formZ goes as an intermediate step for design review as part of my induction and learning. It would be great if I could define a system that makes sense and works.

Edited by ZTEK