AutoDesSys

Define a Reference Plane - Like CAD

Wal054

I am trying to define a reference plane like CAD software - where you select the zero point then select the direction of the X axis then the direction of the Y axis followed by the Z axis.

I have looked everywhere (I think). I know that I can select a face & then edit the reference plane. However, this will be real slow as I have many different reference planes to create.

Is there a quick way to do this?

On 8/26/2022 at 10:51 AM, Wal054 said:

I am trying to define a reference plane like CAD software - where you select the zero point then select the direction of the X axis then the direction of the Y axis followed by the Z axis.

I have looked everywhere (I think). I know that I can select a face & then edit the reference plane. However, this will be real slow as I have many different reference planes to create.

Is there a quick way to do this?

You can do this using the Edit Reference Plane.

On 8/26/2022 at 1:50 PM, Wal054 said:

The reason that i raised this subject is that I need to create many 3D faces with each vertex of a face having different Z heights.

Have you tried using the Disturb Points tool? Just set it to disturb the points in the Z direction by turning off the X & Y. Then derive separate faces from the resulting disturbed object. All the vertices will be mostly be different for each face. Set the Density to low initially.