AutoDesSys

Tangent line issue

Dtech

Hi Dtech,

The Circle is represented in a facetted form, as described in the Display Resolution settings that are used in the Tool Options when you create the object(s).

(If you Pick your Smooth object(s), click the Attributes Tab of the Pick Options, change the Basic Attributes to Display Resolution, you can also adjust this after the fact.)

The Snapping will occur at the exact mathematical definition of the circle, so as you increase the Display Resolution, these will get closer and closer.  But that is not necessary as the Facetted representation is for display purposes only, and the fully accurate mathematical definition is always used behind the scenes.

Does that help?

Thanks Tech, yes it does help, the reason I raised it is because I was having trouble trimming and thought it might be related to that but after a restart the trimming started working correctly. Just started the trial and have had a number of anomalies, one serious issue is the help file download not working, I am often working in places where there is no internet connection.

Is this the place to submit the bugs I have found or is it done through emailing tech support?

Archived