AutoDesSys

Issue with pallet dock:(

GBR1

OK a strange one.

So I am running a mac book pro 10.11.5 and Form Z pro 8.5.4.

I have been having a strange bug with my pallet dock, sometimes after the computer goes into hibernation when i come back it worn recognise the pallet dock, a restart has solved this problem.

Today I can't even see the pallet dock when in Pro version. If I go to Jnr version or drafting I can see and use the pallet dock (albeit with the same bug).

I have removed and reloaded Form Z, no joy.

I did an upgrade on OSX, still no joy..

Any thoughts.

Will

Hi Will,

If you go to the Palette Menu, is the Palette Dock checked at the very bottom of the list -- and if not, does checking it restore the palette for you?

Or if not, does choosing Reset Workspace from the Workspace Menu bring it back for you?

Hi,

Correct the Pallet dock was ticked, i ticked and un ticked this many times..

Doing the reset workspace did fix the problem so thanks!

BUT, there still seems to be a bug of some sort where by when the pallet restored itself (as in I could see it) I couldn't click on it or use it till i had restarted Form Z.

Thanks for your help.

Will 

Hi Will,

Ok, glad it is working properly for you now.   Apple does have an issue if a window (or palette) spans multiple monitors.  If you have more than one monitor, make sure that the palette is entirely on one screen, and not partly on another.

Does the Palette Dock always work properly for you now, or do you still have issues sometimes (until you launch)?

Archived