AutoDesSys

adding import file to project adds a model as opposed to updates.

Steve003

Hi,

I am seeing triple , where changes in objects on a model are still showing the previous shapes as well.

Obviously ticking 'add to project ' is adding as opposed to updating, How can I identify and delete out the previous models ?

Steve003

Hi,

If I select all and delete, does that remove all the layers and objects as well for those items ?

To have all the object layers as well as layers is doubling up what I am used to, in Rhino objects sit on layers, thats it.

Then if I use the 'add to project' tickbox, will that go into the matchView place of the deleted model, or will  have to redo the matchview all over again ?

Steve

Dear Steve,

If you choose File: Open, check the Add to Project, and then click Open, you will get choices as to what gets added (Objects, Layers, Materials, Views, etc).

If you choose Edit: Select All, that will select all Objects.  Not Layers, etc, so those will not be deleted when you delete All Objects.

When you create Views that you want to Recall. you need go to the Palette Menu: Views Palette (located lower down in the Palette Dock on the right side of the screen) and click the green + sign to Save That View:

post-5-0-11331300-1464307722_thumb.jpg

If you have unnecessary Layers in your project, right click in the Layers Palette and choose PURGE from the list.  They will all be removed.

Does that help?

Archived