AutoDesSys

Need Match View but not rest of Form Z so how to acquire this command ?

Steve003

Hi

Trialling FormZ, havent explored rest of it as matchView is the initial reason, though with the fun and games I am having, I have run out of trial time now, shame as it would have been good to explore what else FormZ had to offer, I use Rhino and Spaceclaim so no need to duplicate such progs.

Now as Jnr has MatchView and the lesser version hasnt, I cant justify £800 for one command, and I wish it had re-editing and update abilities. Its taking me time to keep redoing the matching etc. Every time I update my model I have to start over.

How best can I continue to use MatchView and acquire it, hoping it can be improved ?

Steve

Hi Steve,

Once you match the view, just save it in the Views Palette.  Then you can recall it at any time.  

Or if you want a new view, use a few new points and then save that one.

Send an email to support@formz.com and include a link to this forum topic, we will see what else we can do to help.  ;)

Hi,

I am saving the view using the plus icon, and it will give me that view back, but I need to update my model I am using, I go file import and instead it gives me a new project, I dont want a new project, so how do I update that model in matchView ?

i dont want a new view, quite happy with the view,....... the updated model, if there was a way of getting an updated model in, would need the added items I made to the model, linking to the photo, thats where inability to revisit the links is a pain.

Steve

Dear Steve,

In the Import Options, check the Add to Project checkbox to combine the import with the current project.

Or if you use File: Open: FMZ and check Add to Project, you can Load the Views, Materials, etc from the other project to the current one.

Does that help?

Hi,

Thanks for the Add to project tick box, that brings the updated model in, then if I use the view I saved, and make the eye there, it puts it into place, but comparing it to a screenshot saved in photoshop, it isnt in the same place, the good fit on the previous model is now not quite there, and the update was same size etc, I just added a large ruler along its centre to indicate where items in the photo occurred. I can guarantee if I do the matchView all over again, as I will have to, it wont be in the same place as the good fit !

I dont want to have to keep doing the match views, its taking me ages, as just a few markers doesnt do it. the wheels are too small compared to the photo and the model isnt matched correctly, its tricky work identifying the places in the shadows in the picture, and rotating the model to get at the places, as the blobs need to have gunsights in the middle for accurate placement.

It must replace the model, not upset the MatchView.

The second suggestion isnt of use as I dont have the model already in FormZ.

Steve

Hi,

I am using the add to project tick box and other match view projects are I think behaving better, until I do a careful photoshop screen dump comparison I cant say for sure.

I need to do some careful tests, at the moment I am racing against the clock on deadlines.

Steve

Archived