AutoDesSys

Some circles or parts thereof when import 3D file are lying flat not vertical

Steve003

Hi,

FormZ Jnr

I am using matchView and start off with file>import and browse to my Rhino3D file, import it and see some circles and arcs are 'fallen over' from their vertical position to one of lying flat, yet other ones such as tyres and wheel rims are ok. The one set of circles doing this are same size as the tyres (traces of) and are at centreline of vehicle (I put them there). Another set are the radisued corners of a cab roof, so all I am left with is the line that ran between them on the roof.

To have some parts of an imported 3D file being reassigned a different orientation is not good.

What is happening ?

Trialling FormZ Jnr for use of this command, so need to resolve this before committing money.

and I wish it was possible to revisit the MatchView and alter the 'links' after a save was done, its instead totally uneditable.

Steve003

Hi Steve,

We are not quite sure if we understand.  Can you isolate one of the "bad parts" in a separate Rhino file and post it here (zip it first)?

And if you export DWG from Rhino, and import that into formZ, does that work better for you?

Hi, just tried dwg, a mess, lost my cab surfaces, and filled in the windows !, tyre rims all filled in, messing up surfaces and losing them, the circles are upright though !  however those full circles are now given surfaces where they never ever had them !

attached a printscreen of how the circles should be and attached is the file I get upon import. also attached the 3dm file.

sorry unable to attach the rhino file, its only two circles a a couple of olines, saves as 6Mb and forum upload says 4.8mb limit .. still 6Mb if zipped. How do I upload this 3dm file ?

It wouldnt accept a formZ either !!! had to zip it.

Steve

post-18482-0-42639000-1463521823_thumb.jpg

test fallover formz result of import 3dm.zip

Hi, email sent,

Are you saying the form Z file doesnt show the circles lying flat ? How become they have sprung upright for you ?

....because my formZ has them lying flat !

in the jpg they stand upright, they are wheel outer edges and wheel rim traces.  The arcs at end of the cab roof have also fallen over !

Steve

Archived