AutoDesSys

How does one add more links into existing match View after solved ?

Steve003

Hi.

Form Z Jnr

Only when clicking solved does one see how good it is,

so having used a few links (click on model then on same place in photo, (if your model is also same subject as the photo !) I need to refine the match by trying for one or two more match points.

They have all gone, unlike the Form Z video where they still exist and more were added.

I need to re-activate the match photo setup.

How does one re-initiate the match photo/view command and either alter some links or add new ones ?

I also having clicked on match photo tool now have no zoom worthy of mention, yet it was ok when I first used match photo, I can orbit rotate ok but scroll wheel is extremely slow, cannot zoom now, then I decide to  delete the saved view and still no better.

It would also be useful where in the photo one cannot see the one end of a useful edge, to have the ability to either click a matching point then draw along the matching edges that start from that point, or just draw two lines that should match and tell Form Z to match the lines as in sketchup.

Sketchup uses lines and not points, and that is useful where edges exist, Rhino uses points but any pan or zoom breaks the spell and all is lost. Form Z is great in that we can zoom the model and pan it without breaking the command.

Steve

The point-pair lines remain in place while the tool is active. After solving, the point-pair lines are very short, since the two endpoints are now hopefully very close together, but they are still there.  To add additional point-pair lines, just click on a snap point on the model and then place the 2D cross mark in the image, as you did to create the initial lines.

Once the tool is deactivated, the point-pair lines are deleted. Persistent point-pair lines is a feature that could be added in the future.

For any two points on the model that lie on a collinear segment, a red line is drawn between the respective 2D cross marks of the associated point-pairs.  Select one of the two point-pair lines and check the "Angle Only" option, and the line between the 2D cross marks turns green.  This indicates that only one of the point-pairs (the one not marked "angle only") will be matched as points, while the angle of the collinear segment will be matched to the green line on the image.

Archived