AutoDesSys

Positioning point

kmwhitt

As snaps are quite limited to parts of smooth objects, I am tying to manually place a point in the top view.  Snaps are off, grid is off, guide snaps off, project settings are set to miniature with 1/1000 numerical accuracy, and reference plane is locked - see attached.  The closest I can get to my target is underlined in the attached image.  The placement I want is at the tip of the arrow.  Why is it I am limited to where I can place the first point of my line?  It's as if grid snapping is on.  What setting am I missing?  Thanks.

post-10687-0-43473100-1456767152_thumb.jpg

Hi Kevin,

If we understand correctly you want to Move that Point or Line object up a small distance, right?

It shouldn't be a problem, but if you are having trouble, please copy the object (or two) into a New Project, verify the issue, save the project, zip it, and attach it here (or email to support@formz.com) so we can help.

Okay, that's what I thought, but why is it necessary to start a point within the confines of this accuracy.  Were older versions limited this way?  AND, let's say I do lower it even more, would it be possible to snap to this line with higher accuracies in place?

BTW, I am drawing a filament wire for an Edison bulb (thus the tiny scale).  As the filament arms are smooth and I am unable to snap where I want to, what would you recommend for placing spline points (in preparation for an axial sweep) without drawing my own guide segments?  Is there another way to tackle this?  Thanks.

post-10687-0-34518500-1456771812_thumb.jpg

Archived