AutoDesSys

Smooth or Nurbs?

kmwhitt

I am following along with yet another tutorial - this one "Subdivision modeling and 3D printing".  I am recreating the clamp and convert the subdivision to nurbs or so I thought.  The info tab to the right shows it as being a smooth object with no option to change resolution in the attributes tab either (image attached).  Please advise.  Thanks, Kevin.

post-10687-0-66165200-1456261566_thumb.jpg

You've lost me there.  I have already converted to nurbs using the convert tool under the subd menu, however, it does not show up as a nurbs object in the info tab with options to change the resolution like it does in the video (after the conversion).  See Matt's results attached.  I have been following the same steps...

post-10687-0-81179800-1456266163_thumb.jpg

Hi Kevin,

That "Display Resolution is changed by picking the Object(s), clicking the Attributes Tab of the Pick Options, changing the Basic Attributes to Display Resolution, and adjusting as desired.

post-5-0-15449000-1456266491_thumb.jpg

Does that give you what you want?

One of the improvements I wished we had in 1998. The ability to do saddles between to "tubular" kind of shapes. Still need to play around with this to understand how to use, but also don't have the same need I did when I worked at Jordan Mozer's office.

Archived