AutoDesSys

SKP and STEP Import not working?

Rudy Daverveld

Installed a new Form Z version again as suggested.

The skp file is now importing but noticed something now:

The sketchupfile is only importing when I save the file from google warehouse directly to my computer instead of placing it first in a sketch file and then saving it.

The Step file is still not importing, I've had previous contact after reporting some issues, Support answered that they still are trying to find out what is going wrong with the Latest OSX and Form Z on a mac...

Hoped that this was already resolved regarding the fact that I often work in models with my clients provide in STEP

MAC osx 10.11.2 Form Z 8.5.3.

Kind regards

Rudy

Dear Rudy,

If a file format is not working at all (ie, not showing in the Import File Types) that is one thing, and we can try to help with that without needing a file.  But if you have a specific file that is not working, then you will need to send the file so we can take a look in order to help with that.

With SKP files, the very latest version is not currently supported, so you do need to save to a slightly older version to read the file.

Does that help?

I'm not talking about specific files, I now understand that sketch up latest version is not supported (all files), and I also found out last month that step is not working in the latest 2 versions of Form Z (All files) on mac that is.

I takes al lot of hours importing, trying settings, crashing, saving in other versions, asking for other files with a client, Looking at the beachball, reinstalling form Z, so I hope you feel my pain...

Thnx for the quick response though!

Kind regards

Rudy Daverveld

Visual 8

Can I install Form Z 6.7 on el capitan? Do you have a link to a version witch I can install? It used to work with some hardware key?

I'm now having trouble opening Files from 6.7. Beachball again, textures even after relinking in the opening menu still missing....

Some files not opening at all.

Kind Regards

Rudy

Hi Rudy,

Yes, sorry, we meant STEP format.  So if many files do work, but some files do not, we will need to investigate the files that do not work in order to address the issue.  Therefore, please send the file(s) to support@formz.com so we can help.  You can upload these to our ftp site or use a service like "dropbox" if the files are too big to email.  We will then investigate these and see what we can do to accommodate whatever is not working properly with those specific file(s).

You can install 6.7 on El Cap.  You can find downloads for older versions of our software in our "download archive:"

http://www.formz.com/support/downloads/download_previous.html

In general there should not be any issues opening older files, but If you have any files that work properly in 6.7 but have an issue with the current version, please send these as well so we can make sure everything is working as best it can.

Last year I had problems importing  sketchup files in fz8. Turned out that the folders that they were located in had a "bullet" character in them. Once moved to the desktop [or a properly named folder], the sketchup files could be imported.

Hi Rudy,

If you would like to upload to our FTP site, the address is:

ftp.formz.com

name = dropbox

password = i8ugdl

If you upload a file there, please send an email to support@formz.com when the upload is complete, and let us know the name of the file and the issue (ie, can't import this STEP file).

formZ v7 and later no longer use the hardware key.  (You are not getting a message about your key with v8.5.3, are you?)

To install formZ 6.7 (or earlier), you will need the WIBU key, and you will need to install the WIBU Driver (as noted on the download page).

GTD,

Yes, it is possible that "illegal characters" in a file name could cause a problem for Import -- always something good to check...

Archived