AutoDesSys

Deviating line weights in printing

tooobi

Hello from Germany,

in the last days I had some trouble printing layouts. I am using 3 different line weights in a drawing I made in the layout mode. On screen everything looks fine but when I print it, the thickness of the lines deviates so much that the drawing is illegible.

- I checked the assignment of the line weights and the definition of the weights (controlled it with the "screen" and "print" scale in the viewing options, units are also correct)

- in the printing dialogue I set up the correct scale of 100% (also tried "scale to paper"), checked "use print line weight" and set the quality output of the printer on the highest level

The printed lines are unsharp and double as thick as they should be (checked it with a line gauge). Have no problem with the printer by testing other documents - texts, graphics from illustrator are no problem. 

I feel like I´ve tried everything so I am thankful for every lead.

Thanks,

Tobi

Hi Tobi,

Welcome to the forum!  

We are not sure why your line weights would not print properly.  Can you please send your FMZ and FML files to support@formz.com and also let us know which exact version of formZ, as well as what operating system and printer you are using so we can help?

Hello Tech,

thank you for the kind offer - I sent an e-mail with the files to the support.

I am using Form Z 7.3.4 on OS 10.6.8, also checked it with Version 8 on Yosemite. Same problem. The printer is an Epson Stylus Photo 1400 for A3 Formats.

Archived