AutoDesSys

Help for beginner Modify extrusion

arcbc30

I am hoping someenone can help point me in teh right direction here. I am using form z jr. attempting to create a model. In teh screen capture attached you will see that I have extruded a wall up. I have offeset a line down teh narrow face of that wall and i want to extrude the portion of the wall that is above the horizontal offest line out to create a beam.

However even though I have offset the line, when I use the extrude or modify tool it will only let me extrude the entire face of the wall. It is not breaking the geometry at the offset line, and creating two faces that can be manipulated seperatly. Any advice? 

Also why are my extrusions red? Does taht mean something? it seems on the videos I see everything is gray, which is easier to see so if there is a way to change that - that would also be helpful .

Thanks in advance

post-12220-0-58952400-1442332143_thumb.png

Hi Arcbc30,

Welcome to the forum.  When you Offset a Segment, in the Tool Options there is an option for Insert.  If that option is checked, and if you start the offset on the side of the face in which you wish it to Insert, then that should be inserted automatically.  Alternately, you can use the Imprint tool to imprint it before Reshaping or Extruding to get what you want.

The Red color occurs because of your Materials.  Double Click on the red color and change it, or right click on it, choose Delete, and then select a different material if you like.

Does that help?

Archived