AutoDesSys

loading materials etc in 7.3.4

davidorth

I'm still migrating from 6 to 7 and have a few questions.  Sorry if I'm duplicating some threads.  I did search first.

1. How do I load materials, lights, & views from other projects - into my current one?

2. Cone of Vision:  While I can drag the camera around and even outside of the window (very handy that I don't have to zoom out first), I cannot figure out how to set the new position if I have dragged the cursor outside the window.  Clicking doesn't work.  Nor does 'enter'.  Is my only choice to zoom out enough first?

3.  One of my usual goals is to match the view to a background image while in one of the interactive modes -  then do a high res render in RZ.  Is there a tutorial on using 'match view' in 7? 

I apologize ahead of time for the dated and probably redundant questions.

Hi David,

Welcome to the forum.  

1.  Use the File: Open: Add to Project (checkbox at the lower left) option to add parts of one project to another.

2.  Yes, the click to position a view needs to be inside the view port.  Just use the scroll wheel on your mouse to zoom out as desired.

3.  Right click on the Match View tool (at the upper right next to Fit) and choose either Manual or Video to access the documentation and tutorials.

The Migration Guide should answer a lot of other questions that will likely arise.  We would highly recommend checking out this posting:

http://forums.formz.com/index.php?/topic/19-formz-v7-8-migration-guide-interface-improvements-from-formz-6/

Please let us know if you have any further questions, we would be glad to help.

Thanks!  Love the new approach to loading stuff!  Thanks for the reminder about the tutorial links.

I don't use a mouse or scroll, but my monitor is fortunately touch.  Works fine in Cone of View.

I will read the migration guide.

Archived