AutoDesSys

form•Z 8.5 Beta 2 dwg import "problem"

ingoerik

Whenever i start importing dwgs the first import fails, only the layers and materials are imported. When i import the dwg again everything works fine, also the next dwgs work as expected. Its only the first import that fails.

Does someone else have this problem ?

Okay, i'll keep an eye on it, it was just the second project from the same client, i will see if its file related and want to talk to the client to get some more info from which program he exports it and how.

Btw, how can i send you a dwg, to which adress ?

Thats funny , its close to the origin here. Have you transformed it in the import settings correct with 0,001 in all directions ?

This error comes everytime i import the file the first time, whatever file i import then works fine.

Hi Ingo,

You did not specify to use the Transformation for x, y, z Scale = 0.001, but now we have tested with that too and still no errors.

Does the problem persist for you after you reboot your computer?

Is there any error message, or just no objects?

And if you Import the first file and go to the Windows Menu, which window is marked as being active?  (If the imported file is not active, does selecting it then show the objects?)

Hi Ingo… a bit off topic !

First > very nice and precise job > cheers

What is the main Z version you're using for modeling 6.7 - 7 or 8 ?

And the next question is: are Renders Maxwell or RenderZone (specially the B&O CD player) ?

About PhotoShop, no questions > you're a master !

Tk's for your answers.

Hi Ingo,

You did not specify to use the Transformation for x, y, z Scale = 0.001, but now we have tested with that too and still no errors.

Does the problem persist for you after you reboot your computer?

Is there any error message, or just no objects?

And if you Import the first file and go to the Windows Menu, which window is marked as being active?  (If the imported file is not active, does selecting it then show the objects?)

Thanks for your help, after rebooting it seems to work now. When i imported it before there was no error message, just the usual window without any objects, i even cant use select all, so it was definitly empty.

Hi Ingo… a bit off topic !

First > very nice and precise job > cheers

What is the main Z version you're using for modeling 6.7 - 7 or 8 ?

And the next question is: are Renders Maxwell or RenderZone (specially the B&O CD player) ?

About PhotoShop, no questions > you're a master !

Tk's for your answers.

Thanks for your nice comments. I use FormZ 8 now for modelling, and Modo for scenebuilding and rendering.

Archived