AutoDesSys

tbray

Hi Form Z,

Few comments (Beta 2) - The Shaded work and shaded full are way slower in Beta than Form Z 8 on my windows machine. Don't know why. I have nividia titan graphis card. This seems way slower even when deleting objects and issuing new material request? Switching between wireframe and shaded modes is ultra slow.

Also I was wondering if you can implement the following. When you have extruded an object is it possible to stretch the object in both directions for height variable using 2 arrows instead of one arrow? Also I'm not sure if it was implemented earlier but I'm sure you used to be able to double click a segment in wireframe mode for example a cube shown in plan. - resulting in the face being selected?

After completing a command to select a endpoint sometimes it doesn't highlight properly with a green dot u actually need to zoom in a little before it says ok "you want this highlighted".

Few glitches found here.

Thanks. Keep up the good work.

Hi Troy,

We are not sure why the display and materials would be slower for you, they actually should be faster with the latest beta.  If you download the latest video driver from nVidia's site and install this, does that help?

With regards to "stretching" an extruded object, a cube will have different controls than an extruded rectangle.  Does that do what you want?

Currently you need to see a face to select it -- but we will see if two clicks on the segment of a vertical face can select that face in the future.

If you select a point, it should turn red.  If you snap to it, it should show a green dot.  If something there is not working properly for you, can you please send a file and steps so we can see what you are describing?  (Or does updating your video driver solve that?)

G'Day,

I currently have Nividia update driver 353.06 

When you are using dynamic height when using extrude. After u click to finish object u have 4 arrows at base of rectagular form and one arrow in z plane. I thought it would be handy to have another arrow in the oppsite direction where the other 4 arrows are. So you can push it in the other direction.

Troy.

Hi Troy,

Ok, thanks for clarifying your suggestion. 

That is a very recent driver, so if you are still having any issues with performance or highlighting a point, please send a file where this occurs so we can investigate this further.

Archived