AutoDesSys

Self and One Copy modifier

mec_os

is there a way to assign a different key to the "Self" and "One Copy" modifier while using the transform tools? same with the move vertically or horizontally.

the thing is that i heavily rely on "option" and "command" keys for navigation and more often than not, i end up making copies when i don't need them or not making a copy when i do. it's kinda frustrating. i would like a different key to deal with does options that doesn't clash with navigation. i could change the navigation, but then my muscle memory from every other 3d programs would be screwed up

i can't seem to edit the original post. but just to add, hitting "option" to cycle through the component type selectors is really frustrating too. i generally stay on material selection but i always end up with some random one without noticing 

Hi Mec_Os,

Yes, you can set up individual key shortcuts to the Copy modifiers if you like:

post-5-0-72654700-1430761233_thumb.jpg

The Tap keys (tapping Option to toggle the Copy Modifier) don't conflict with the Navigation shortcuts, but if you are perhaps "thinking about navigating" and tapping the Option key while doing so, then that could toggle the copy mode.  You can disable this in the Preferences if you like:

post-5-0-18143000-1430761233_thumb.jpg

However, if you pay attention, and don't tap the Option key unless you are actually wanting to navigate (in which case the key should be down for more than half a second and it shouldn't qualify as a "tap key" then the copy mode should not change.

Does that help?

there should be more than 15mins allowed to modify posts :P

anyway. 

i also have "option" assign to other shortcuts not just navigation which triggered the selection type and that in particular doesn't matter how long you hold down the option key, after performing the shortcut the selection type will cycle. it seems to happen when you use option in combination with another modifier keys like shift. for example i have Option+Shift+F to Snap to Face. if i press that combo, Snap to Face will turn off or on, but also the selection type will move to the next option. 

Hi Mech,

We tested using key shortcut Option+Shift+F and indeed if the Pick tool is active and the Option key is released last, then this will toggle to the next "part" level.  Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we will see what we can do about this.  For now, if you release the Option key before the F key (or the Shift key), then this will not happen.  ;)

Archived