AutoDesSys

Referenced File Keeps Moving

Wal054

I have just started using Reference Files. In this instance I have referenced a building into a site model. I then moved and rotated the referenced building to the required position. All looks good so far. However, after a while the referenced building moves to another position in the model.

I must be doing something wrong however, I cannot track it down. Does anyone have any suggestions? Or should I just import the building as a component.

Hello,

I have had similar problems when copy/moving a referenced object. If I copy/move a referenced object 12" it displays as such, but after a save, close, and re-open the move is then 24". I am very careful to get referenced objects all properly placed and then save and close. If there is then any movement, re-locate objects and I am good to go. Maybe this will help?

Gary

Thanks for your reply Gary.  Your feedback confirmed what I thought.

Reference Files works differently in FormZ to what I am used to in other software. For me I can't see any benefit for using Reference Files. Components is what I should be using in FormZ unless someone can advise differently.