AutoDesSys Forums
Andyb

License stuck in demo mode

Hi Andy,

We don't usually handle license issues here, but have you tried:

• Re-install Maxwell V4
  • Download your licence from Customer Gateway
  • Copy the "lic" file to: C:\ProgramData\Next Limit\Maxwell\licenses (/user/Maxwell/ on macOS)
  • Run formZ and register

I had a similar issue and this is how I fixed it:

• Uninstall Maxwell Multilight 
  • You'll find multiple "lic" files here:  C:\ProgramData\Next Limit\Maxwell\licenses
  • Remove all the lic files except the one that belongs to the formZ app: maxwell_formz.lic 
  • That stopped my formZ from trying to authenticate each time I started the program

I don't know how to install Multilight without having the issue pop up again but for now this works. The lesser of two evils I guess.

Maxwell sent me a workaround that has worked, instead of using the license server I had to manually drop my lic files into various folders. Fingers crossed I dont need to do this every time I re-boot! 

I didn't actually have the plugin installed, it was my studio licence that would not register. Now that its working, Im very impressed

Hi,

I'm glad you have it working now. I know the developers at Next Limit are working hard to get a few issues with the new licensing system ironed out... I'm sure the process will smoother soon!