AutoDesSys

Pre purchase question about rounding and filets

tmorris9

I have been playing with the free version for a few hours. I noticed a key feature I require is not in the free version and that is the ability to round over edges and filet. Looking at the comparison chart it looks like the pro version is the only one that has this toolset, is that correct?

I could justify buying the jr. version but not the Pro version and for what I make the rounder and filet tools are an absolute must have. I currently use Lightwave 3D to make models for 3D printing (for business not just fun) and am looking for a Mac software that is more solid modeling than Lightwave (surface modeling).

Thanks

Hi T Morris,

Welcome to the forum.  formZ Jr does have rounding and Filleting.  The difference in this area between Jr and Pro is that the Pro version also adds "Controlled Rounding" so that you can customize different rounding sets for objects, and adjust their values (or remove them) later.  With the Jr version, once you apply a round, you can Undo the rounding and apply a different value, but you can't adjust it later.  Also, the Pro version also adds Hold Line Rounding, so that you can use a curve to apply a variable round to an object as shown here:

http://www.formz.com/manuals/formZ8/formZ_Pro/!SSL!/WebHelp/formzpro.php?url_str=10212_Round_to_Holdline.html

But the Jr version does have basic rounding and filleting:

post-5-0-62469000-1435148976_thumb.jpg

Please let us know if you have any further questions, we would be glad to help.

Archived