I am importing OBJ files from Turbosquid and rebuilding my materials in Maxwell from their maps.
The ".mtl" file for this model says this:
"# 3ds Max Wavefront OBJ Exporter v0.97b - ©2007 guruware
# File Created: 14.03.2014 14:15:08
Tf 1 1 1
Ka 0.0000 0.0000 0.0000
Kd 0.0000 0.0000 0.0000
Ks 0.3500 0.3500 0.3500
and when i open the OBJ file, there is only one ("wire") material in FZ.
But the model has many materials, however, so I must look at the image of the product from the website an re-create and re-apply it all, hoping at least that the UV mapping will be good (I avoid the "texture Map" tool, etc..)
They are all in ".tif" format, some of which FZ will open, others not (I posted that problem on the regular forum..)
Most materials are pretty straightforwards, but this "rattan" woven material, has many maps (see my SC), and I don't know which goes where. Can someone offer help? especially odd are the tiny little TIFFs of vertical pixels called "Rattan_multiColor_2.tif" and "miltivolor.tif"..
her eis a list of the maps to facilitate any answering:
- multicolor.tif (1 X 39 px)
- rattan_A.tif (2040 X 1966px)
- rattan_AO.tif (2040 X 1966px)
- Rattan_D.tif (2040 X 1966px)
- rattan_multiColor2.tif (1 X 120 px)
- rattan2_A.tif (4080 X 3932px)
- rattan2_AO.tif (2040 X 1966px)
- rattan2_D.tif (4080 X 3932px)
- rattan2_horizontal_a.tif (4080 X 3932px)
- rattan2_vertical_a.tif (4080 X 3932px)
TEN maps which I assume all go somewhere in the MXM. At first i thought it was for two sizes since there are two sizes of texture maps, but then there isn't a map for each size...