AutoDesSys

keyboard view shortcuts

David Lemelin

Hey there,

I've noticed that a few weeks ago the keypad shortcuts I used to rely on to swap from one view to another stopped working in FZ8. I tried hunting to see where I might have disactivated these (hence why its been a few weeks) and I just can't figure out how to reactivate these shortcut keys, or if indeed I caused them to disapear in the first place.

I'm also noticing that my SpaceMouse pro, which has those same shortcuts set for its buttons also can't seem to get FZ8 to react correctly... The only thing I can get reliably is fit to screen....

Any ideas?

Hi David,

Can you be more specific as to what keys you are trying to use for which function, and show that you have these set as shortcuts in the Edit Menu: Key Shortcuts commands (or if they are not set there, does setting them make it work as you would like)?

I don't recall ever having to set these keys up, to be honest.

As far as I can recall, the number pad on my extended keyboard always gave me predictable results:

"5" was front view, "4" was left, "6" was right, "8" was top and the "/" gave me the isometric....

Now, the number keypad enters digits into the x,y,z fields instead of changing the view.

Am I losing my mind?

Archived