AutoDesSys

Feature Request: Gears

palenoue

Any chance you could add a gear-making feature to a future version of formZ?  Something where you can input the number of gears, inner and outer radius along with thickness and it will make the gear?  We use formZ to create objects to be printed out on our Replicator 2 for various purposes and lately we're getting more jobs that require movement.  From kinetic art to toy mechanisms, we need gears.  While formZ has tools to make this easier, a dedicated gear tool would be very useful.

Sorry, sorry, sorry!  I was accidentally working on Jr/bonzai.  I shouldn't have had both versions on the same computer, when I double click on the work files they auto-open the smaller apps.  We just got the Pro version last week and have been slowly learning all the new tools when taking breaks from our other jobs, which explains why I never noticed the difference until today.

In order to save the smallest shred of dignity, let me add that even without a gear tool bonzai made custom gear creation a lot easier than other apps we tried.

Archived