AutoDesSys

Fz8 - snapping problems

ingoerik

1. Sometimes when i want to move an object or start to draw an element snapping doesn't work. I have to click to start the command and then hit the esc-key and its back. Anyone else had that problem ?

2. Another problem is that snapping doesn't work on ghosted layers here, or is there a setting to disable that in the prefs ?

Hi Ingoerik,

We have not heard of snapping not working without restarting drawing the shape.  Are you sure that the formZ Project Window is active?  (When it happens, click on the title bar for the window and see if that fixes it.)

2.  Right click on the snaps, choose Snap Options, and check Snap to Ghosted.

• 2 months later...

In my case, snapping to an object corner for example is not accurate, not always accurate. The snap options palette has 10 pixels selected. But I am not able to click very near the corner, only far from the corner and then it will find the right snap or if there is another object near, it choose sometimes the wrong object corner. This is a problem or a setting???

Dear Hugo,

We are not understanding what you describe.  Please send an email to support@formz.com and include a screen capture showing what you are trying to do, and also include a simple file that shows the issue so we can better understand and help.

Archived