AutoDesSys

FZ 8.6.5 crashing on opening export/save options

bmeissner

Oh the joy of using more recent software versions (than my version 6.7.3 which still runs more or less flawlessly)…

I'm running FZ 8.6.5 on a MacPro 2013 (10.15.7). I've just updated to the latest 8.6.5 build (10275), and now every attempt to set the options in either the "save a copy as…" or "export" dialog ends up in an immediate crash, when I've actively clicked on the Options button in the save dialog and then click on anything within the following dialog, including the Cancel button. FormZ simply disappears and offers to mail a crash log. However, it works when I just let the options window appear automatically (which it always does, of course).

How about letting this button in the save dialog disappear, because it does nothing which wouldn't happen automatically anyway, but causes a crash?

Bernd

• 4 months later...

Revisiting this monologue… on rare occasions I need to use FormZ 8.6 (MacPro 2013, Catalina), and also get 100% reproducible crashes when using the "Save a copy" function which needs the Options modified (e.g. saving as a different version). So whereever I actively call up an options dialog and try to exit it with "OK", FormZ crashes. Just crashes.

Is there really no fix for that behavior?

Bernd

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2022 at 2:50 AM, bmeissner said:

Is there really no fix for that behavior?

“Save A Copy As” works in version 8.6 on Windows. I just tried two options, down saving to version 7.0 and 6.5/6.6/6.7…..they are both fine. The issue must be with the Mac.

Bernd,

Unfortunately, you are encountering an issue caused by a security change Apple made in macOS 10.15 after the final version of 8.6 was released. The good news is that a workaround still allows the same functionality.  The problem can be avoided by NOT selecting the options button in the "Save A Copy As" or "Export" dialogs. Once you have selected your file name and location and clicked the Save button, the options dialogs will still be presented allowing you to make your choices before the file is saved or exported.

This issue does not affect form•Z v9 as it is built with newer Apple development tools/SDK.

For faster service on any support issues like this, please email the support team (support@formz.com).