AutoDesSys

How to edit an existing drawing !

Hi Susanne, I think you need to be more specific regarding your description. Are you talking about a 3d model or a 2d draft?

Just wondering if you exported as an image instead of saving the file? Maybe post your file here on the forum.

Hi Des,

Thank you for getting back to me, I am attaching my primitive globe, which is supposed to become a lamp ! So what I want to do is to add a hole at the top of the globe, plus a larger hole at the bottom of the globe. My problem is that when I open the project it thinks I want to make a new globe ! I don't 🙂 I want to make changes to the existing one.

thanks a lot in advance,

Susanne

Rowan Ø15 - formz Copy 3.fmz

7 hours ago, Susanne Nielsen said:

Hi Des,

Thank you for getting back to me, I am attaching my primitive globe, which is supposed to become a lamp ! So what I want to do is to add a hole at the top of the globe, plus a larger hole at the bottom of the globe. My problem is that when I open the project it thinks I want to make a new globe ! I don't 🙂 I want to make changes to the existing one.

thanks a lot in advance,

Susanne

Rowan Ø15 - formz Copy 3.fmz

Do you have the Sphere tool selected? Try selecting the Pick tool to see if it is still making new Spheres. You object is able to be edited, though it has lost its parametric nature due to the holes being cut from it.

If you use the NURBZ Convert tool on it, you can then right click it and choose "Show Controls" to see the object's handles:

2062128270_ScreenShot2022-06-30at12_14_16PM.jpg.5be851e3b8fd3b93652a6615bad05c29.jpg