AutoDesSys

Please welcome PowerCADD

Tech

We are excited to announce that AutoDesSys and Engineered Software are joining forces! PowerCADD has long been recognized as a powerful and natural 2D drawing tool with a solid following. This partnership will enable us to significantly enhance the 2D drawing capabilities we can offer to formZ users. Work has already begun on a new modern PowerCADD. We look forward to sharing details along the way and expect to introduce these exciting new 2D capabilities by the end of next Summer.

Here is the announcement on the PowerCADD forum: https://www.engsw.com/PowerCADDForum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=254

• Tech pinned this topic

What great news!

Congratulations, and thank you very much for continuing to look for new ways to advance formZ development.

I've been following on the Engineered Software forum the latest news about the company's closure. It has been a good learning experience to read the different reactions of the users, reflecting on how essential is the software we chose to develop our work and how dependent we are.

Like many other users of formZ and PowerCAD, I hope everything goes well, and very interested that the partnership works. For that reason, my immediate reaction is I would like to get involved and help if necessary, offering to actively participate with my method and experience and in the tests and trials as soon as possible.

As I have said before, I have been testing different CAD/BIM software in the search to update my hybrid 2D/3D workflow, which for years I developed moving my models from formZ to AutoCAD. After my tests during all this year, I decided on BricsCAD to replace AutoCAD. The key for my decision was the DWG format to move the 3D geometry back and forth, although both apps are dissociated in practice.

I don't necessarily expect to develop all the 3D/2D work modeling and documenting in formZ. After using Archicad for several years before formZ, the experience taught me that it's better to be more open and flexible if your primary focus is design and exploration.

What I would expect, however, is to have a well-integrated system that produces a good workflow 3D><2D that makes sense, being fundamental that the information is not degraded in the transfer, in particular numerical precision. If the result of the formZ/PowerCAD alliance goes further, even better!

I look forward to knowing more details.

Congrats, and thanks again! 😁

This seems like a great partnership. Congratulations!

Back in the day (nineties) I was using Powercadd for a couple of years while I first tried out FormZ at the same time. Who would have thought they'd get together?

I remember Powercadd as being a very solid and capable cad package which produced beautiful drawings.

I'm happy..

After an initial euphoria, a little disillusionment sets in:

As I did not know this software until now (no idea how well known it is in the USA - I am based in Europe), I visited the developer's website.
Afterwards I "ordered" the free demo, but the download link did not reach me.
I then placed the "order" again and as nothing had yet returned, I contacted support by E-Mail.
So far I have not received an answer. And there is nothing in the spam folder either...

This could turn out to be a disaster. I hope Autodessys is backing the right horse?!

Edited by AHDD Designer
Translation

On 11/4/2021 at 10:32 AM, AHDD Designer said:

After an initial euphoria, a little disillusionment sets in:

AHDD,

Could you please check your email junk/spam? We sent an email from sales@engsw.com with the link to the demo. We did not receive a support email from you either. Please use support@engsw.com at this time for PowerCADD questions. 

Please be aware that the current version of PowerCADD supports OS X 10.6.8 - 10.14.x only. We are working on a major upgrade to PowerCADD that in addition to a number of new features, will add support for newer operating systems and Apple silicon. Please bear with us over the next few months as we work on what we feel will be a very strong 2D complement to form•Z.

On 11/5/2021 at 5:06 PM, Tech said:

Please be aware that the current version of PowerCADD supports OS X 10.6.8 - 10.14.x only. We are working on a major upgrade to PowerCADD that in addition to a number of new features, will add support for newer operating systems and Apple silicon. Please bear with us over the next few months as we work on what we feel will be a very strong 2D complement to form•Z.

Will PowerCADD be made available for Windows OS as well?