AutoDesSys

FormZ 8.6.5 and MacOS BigSur - any issues?

3dworks

As I recently upgraded one of my Macpro's to use MacOS 11.2.3 (with help of Opencore and a Radeon RX580 card), I was wondering if there are any known issues with the legacy FormZ version 8.6.5 when working with this system? I'm unhappy with 9.x and still consider this version the best and most stable version I ever used. Any feedback would be extremely helpful.

Cheers

Markus

Do not to believe the marketing hype, and test until you have satisfied yourself! I mean, Big Sur has only been generally available for six months or so.....unless I'm wrong, Apple is not in the habit of releasing it's code to developers until it's well and ready. As such it's next to impossible that ADS wrote 9.1 specifically with full compliance with it in mind.

I wish that software vendors were more clear about this and spelled out what will, or will not, work with any new OS release. It will come out "in the wash" eventually.

i found out a problem with components, they are definitely not working because of a display issue (AMD radeon RX580 8G card here). i guess i will have to use 9.1 at this point...

Edited by 3dworks

Though some of the functionality of v.8.6 does continue to work on Big Sur, there are insurmountable conflicts between libraries, primarily in the UI and display, that will make the program difficult to use. If you wish to update to Big Sur, we recommend updating to v.9.1.