AutoDesSys

Lost VRAY...

DMclean

☹️...I just recently did a clean install of Catalina on my old MacPro and am in the process of re-installing all my software. FormZ 9 was easy enough to download and re-register, but I am uncertain as to how I can re-download and re-register the VRay plug-in. If I go to the Chaos site and look at my account the licence is there, but they don’t seem to have any way to download the software.

Do I just need to download the 30 day Trial Version from ADS and install that, and will there then be an option to register or authenticate the software at that point.

It’s been a while since I originally went through the process.

Many thanks,

Douglas McLean
DMC Design

• 1 month later...

Hello,

1 We installed FZ9.1 with datasmith plugin, but we have no more V-Ray.

Message is the following: unable to connect license server or all V-ray for FormZ licenses are in use

We still have in Windows/Program/FormZ9/FormZ9.0pro two drawers: Plugins and support.

When we open the license server, there is no license in use.

2 At the end of a session with FZ9.1, when we close, we receive the "Program exception access violation" window

Any ideas?

If you have not already done so, please email support@formz.com for fastest response to these issues and we can properly address the specifics of your environment.

Having said that, here are a few things to try/check.

Re-install V-Ray and the license server. The original email that you received from Chaosgroup has links to the latest versions. 

Check that the V-Ray plugins are loading in form•Z. Go Extensions > Extension Manager. You should see a number of plugins with V-Ray in their name (you may need to scroll down the list). Be sure they are enabled (have a check mark). If they do not show in the list, then check the plugins search paths (Search Paths button). "/Applications/formZ 9/Plugins" on macOS and "\Program Files\formZ 9\Plugins" for Windows should be in the list of paths and enabled (check mark). If it is not listed, you can add the path by clicking the '+' button on the left and navigating to the directory and selecting "Open".  Then you just need to click OK until form•Z closes itself. Upon the next launch of form•Z you should see the plugins active!

More trouble shooting can be found in the V-Ray for formZ manual: http://www.formz.com/products/vray/V-Ray_Documentation/index.htm#t=Trouble_Shooting.htm