AutoDesSys

"Scene Contains Errors. Review Log." OK. But how?

davidhard

I have a new Mac and so, of course, all of my Maxwell materials are broken and I have to go through the painstaking process of relinking them. Ugh.
I have noticed that if I miss one and don't relink all of the MXED files, I get an error message that pops up in FormZ that says, "Scene contains Errors. Review Log for details" when I try to render with the Maxwell plugin. But, Maxwell doesn't launch because there are errors, so I'm not able to review the log. Sooo how am I supposed to do this? I would love to be able to see a list of missing MXED files so I don't have to go through one by one and guess which ones are broken. 

Any thoughts?

I have a new Mac and so, of course, all of my Maxwell materials are broken and I have to go through the painstaking process of relinking them. Ugh.

Relinking materials (and textures, IES files, and all other dependencies) when moving between computers takes only a single step. Use the Resource Manager to specify a path (or paths to folders) containing all your resources, and the plugin will find and relink everything automatically upon the next render/export. (The Resource Manager allow you to work with your project on multiple computers, with different OSs, as well.)

http://support.nextlimit.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=16810300

"Scene contains Errors. Review Log for details"

This refers to the Maxwell for formZ plugin log, not the Maxwell Render application log. In formZ, select Extensions > Maxwell Render > Log to view. If there are broken links, and the Resource Manager cannot 'heal' them automatically (because no Resource paths have been specified), they will be entered as warnings or errors in the log.

http://support.nextlimit.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=16810299

But not all of my dependencies are in one place.

Your dependencies do not need to be in one place. You can specify multiple folder locations in the Resource Manager. It also supports recursive folder searching.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I am getting issues relating to the above posts so rather than start a new thread..

@Pylon - you say that relinking all of the materials etc only takes one step, or at least it should take one step.  I have a few machines here, one Mac and a few PC's, I can work happily on a model, rendering on and off throughout the day with all the textures working fine and without warning I get the same issue as the original post ("Scene contains Errors. Review Log for details").  I check the log, check the materials that seem to be an issue (which have been rendering fine beforehand) and then slowly work back through re-linking each and every one, this is extremely tedious!  I cannot see the issue, I have set the correct path/paths using the resource manager and this sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.  I cannot get to the bottom of this issue, could it be switching between a Mac and a PC? I am careful to place all the materials I use within one folder on every job I work on.  

Hi Pointer,

There should never be a case where you need to re-link textures one-by-one. The Resource Manager should handle this for you, assuming you have set up a path(s) to the folder(s) containing the textures (or put them into a folder called "Resources" alongside your formZ project.) Note that if you are switching back and forth between a mac and pc, the filepaths to the folders will be different, so set the resource folder on one machine, and when you switch to the other machine set the path to the appropriate folder there, too. After that, they should be automatically located whenever you switch back and forth.

The next time this occurs while attempting a Maxwell render, immediately save the project log (Extensions> Maxwell Render > Log) and post it here so we can help you out.

Archived