AutoDesSys

[Q] Maxwell 3 on MacOS 10.15.6: security warnings

Pobo

I'm using an old version of Maxwell (3) in combination with FormZ 9.06 which until recently worked fine for my modest needs.

With the latest versions of MacOS, I can't get it to work anymore because of tightened security measures. I get warnings like in the screenshots below. I cannot use the standalone Maxwell application nor the plug-in.

Does anyone know a workaround for this? Or do I have no other choice than forking out a couple of hundred euros for Maxwell 5?

Any help greatly appreciated.

// Tom

Screenshot 2020-11-15 at 18.00.35.png

Screenshot 2020-11-15 at 17.59.08.png

I think if you go to the macs system preferences and then Security & Privacy (General tab) immediately after you get the message, there will be an "open anyway button".

Click that to see if it works. I've had to do that a lot at least once with all of the Maxwell apps (even the nodes, manager etc.) and that includes the newer versions.

I'm using macOS Catalina 10.15.7

Hi Des,

Many thanks for your reply. I got the standalone version of Maxwell to work in the way you described: clicking through all the frameworks that are used under the hood.

Sadly, I still can't get the plug-in to work anymore (MaxwellRender.fzp). I think it is because FormZ continues to start up and doesn't wait for me to give permission via Security & Privacy.

// Tom