Scripts

Gwyn

Hi all I had some fantastic Scripts that a user made with old FormZ

These were FSL files from 2007 such as:

1. Distribute objects onto Layers based on Material

2. Fix Normal Script

3. Clear Face Colors

amongst a few others.

I note that these are no longer readable when I click:  Extentions. 

Now its looking for FZP  files.

Is there a workaround? 

Unfortunately these are no longer available.  Although when asked Tech has been able to implement other scripts into the new Python format and bring them into the program.  You just need to ask them to see if they have enough demand.  When you mention Fix Normal there is a script for that now.  It is called Fix Obj Reverse and it requires that you pre pick the objects in question or the entire model for that matter.  In terms of the Clear Face Color script I personally use the Separate Object Faces By Color script now.  It allows me to isolate different materials that were assigned to multiple faces of one object so that they can be grouped and adjusted.  The other script is not something I have experience with but if you right click on an object you have the option to select all objects assigned that material.  Then just create a new layer and move it there.  Easy.  Unless of course your object has multiple materials assigned.  Then just see step two above.