AutoDesSys

Learning Form Z 9

TwoSheaStl

So I'm one of those people still using FZ 6.7.3. I just downloaded the newest FZ Pro trial and it's completely different and I'm lost. What is the best way to learn the new FZ?

Has anyone used the "form·Z Fundamentals Video Training Course by Evan Troxel"? Did it work for you?

Thank you!

Hi

did something similar moving from 6.7 to 8.6 about 4 months ago. Unfortunately there are hardly any up to date videos on the website (as has already been discussed) but it is well worth watching the migration videos from V7 onwards (on FormZ website/YouTube). I have been able to get up to speed by watching them (over and over...) There's lots of useful stuff in them that will help you start to make sense of the overhauled UI and they introduce you to working in 3D and lots of other features that will help you with workflow. The Evan Troxel videos look great but you don't need to spend $300 to start using FZ effectively

Edited by SJD

btw, even though the videos lean heavily towards working in 3D shaded mode it is just as easy to revert back to working in wireframe and traditional orthogonal views if that's what you're used too. I find I switch between them a lot depending on what I'm modelling

On 9/18/2020 at 2:29 AM, SJD said:

btw, even though the videos lean heavily towards working in 3D shaded mode it is just as easy to revert back to working in wireframe and traditional orthogonal views if that's what you're used too. I find I switch between them a lot depending on what I'm modelling

Hi SJD.

Yes you are right. Nowdays formZ as majority of 3D apps are way more to be graphically oriented. Ind this is big advantage. Since V7 you can fluently operate it. And as you get aquitted with it you will find great modeling speed improvement. When it comes to me I find myself more modeling than drafting with formZ as I upgraded from 6 to 7. Drafting in v6 is still way far better then the one in current version.