AutoDesSys Forums
jmmanrique

Mac OS BigSUR With Issues, Render Zone Not Working

I usually don't upgrade to new OS's for a long time after they're released, I only just upgraded to Catalina a couple of months ago.

But with that said, I'm sure ADS are already working on it and your post will give them a heads ups.

Des

RenderZone is a REALLY OLD rendering software at this point and it can no longer be easily updated.  I wonder what it's future really is here in 2020.  Combine that with the fact that Apple is constantly bullying developers and cutting off other important software (CUDA, OpenGL, etc), I think it should be phased out and replaced with a more modern, Open Source renderer like Cycles which is at least still being updated regularly.  

Cycles is arguably a better choice for the default engine for future formZ.  The source code is available under the Apache License v2, and can be integrated in open source and commercial software. Cycles is natively integrated in Blender, Poser, and Rhino. The Cycles4D plugin for Cinema4D and a plugin for 3ds Max are available as well.  It's cross compatible for Mac, Windows, and Linux too.

I've seen some work out of Cycles that gives even V-Ray or Maxwell a run for their money.  Check it out - https://www.cycles-renderer.org/

Cycles looks great, thanks for posting. Supports Cuda & OpenCL as well which is good news (GPU rendering for both Nvidia & Radeon).

I agree, this is the way forward, especially being multi-platform.

+1

Yea, if Lightworks/Renderzones libraries are precompiled, there will not be a transition to the new apple silicone.   (I don't know if they are precompiled or not, just imagining.)

¢£