AutoDesSys

Palette dock FZ v9

David Lemelin

Hi guys, I'm finally getting my feet wet with FormZ 9 after finally upgrading my maxwell license to work with FZ9. (Side note, if Blender can deliver a modeling program with an integrated ray-traced renderer, for free, shouldn't FZ be closing in on this too?)

I am noticing some bugginess in the palette dock. Palettes seem to get truncated without reflowing their content (Material Parameters) and others simply become impossible to resize once they've been reduced. The Inspector palette on my computer right now is only showing the topmost options, the bottom 3/4ths of the window is inaccessible unless I undock the pallette. The tool options palette doesn't seem to be content aware, since the inspector is now a separate entity, the tool options palette should be much smaller... but I can't seem to adjust it by hand. The inspector palette also has content that falls off the screen when docked. some of the odd behaviors seem to resolve if I undock the palette and resize it away from the dock.

Is anyone else seeing this? 

Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 3.36.02 PM.png

A quick follow up to my opening post. Here are more screengrabs of palette malfunction. When the materials palette appears in the doc, a full third seems to disappear off the edge of the screen. If minimized and the returned to normal, the palette content becomes illegible. From this point forward, only separating the palette from the dock returns the palette to its useful layout, which can then be re-docked...

I'm thinking the dock may need a bit of tweaking...

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 11.03.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 11.03.23 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 11.03.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 11.04.29 AM.png

David,

Your palettes look very messy. Even though I'm not on a Mac, I have never had such a mess of palettes. Have you tried resetting the workspace? I used to work on a mac daily, until last year. Now only sporadically; and I never had such messed up palettes. Something is definitely wrong. I would try reinstalling the program.

I think the problem is that the Material Parameters palette is not currently compatible with the side bar palette 'dock'.  As suggested above, reset your workspace, and trash your preferences if necessary to get it back to defaults and then when you have it back to vanilla install,  just make sure you keep the Material Parameters palette as a free floating window.

I would also advise against leaving the Material Parameters window Open while working on projects.  Doing so forces it to refresh constantly, with every change and selection made, causing noticeable slow downs while working.  I actually miss the v6 Material Parameters window with the OK, CANCEL buttons because this forced you to close the material window when done with the material changes, and kept everything fast and tidy.