Sign in to follow this  
Bo Atkinson

System Shortcut Conflicts

Warning:

System Shortcut Conflicts

Check the System Preferences and make

sure the Secondary and Button 3 mouse

buttons are assigned.   (End quote)

Where exactly is this assigned? I have always used 2 button track balls (and now with scroll), which generally work well, but latest update has blocked two of my personalized short cut keys.  I probably saw that warning before (over 25 years of formZ), but ask again in case something applicable was forgotten.

Or to be fair, this might also be caused by a newly bought refurbished Mac keyboard which works very well otherwise.

Have also tried trashing menu/go/optionkey/library/pref file.

Have also reinstalled latest formZ App update second time (Build A133).

Have also tried Mac Prefs associated with keyboards.

Solved! . . . System Shortcut Conflicts

What seems to have caused this was having installed a second OSX sys, (2 days ago),  on a second SSD inside the same MacPro, which was still sitting in the bay unused... After shut down and removal of second sys, then restaring, my original shortcut keys are all restored!

Granted that only a penny pincher would have a 7 year old Mac plus make back up drives to keep around like that :)

Glad you got it solved Bo. 👏

24 minutes ago, Bo Atkinson said:

Granted that only a penny pincher would have a 7 year old Mac plus make back up drives to keep around like that

Get your moneys worth I always say! I'm on a 7 year old iMac and a 12 year old MacPro (which is still motoring along nicely).

The problem with Macs is that they just keep going, makes it hard to buy a new one.  As this discussion has gone Mac and Quick keys, I thought I would grab the opportunity to see if anyone can solve a Catalina Problem am having.  Since I upgraded to Catalina the escape key, which is used for Cancel, is also used by Catalina to Exit Full Screen.  I cannot remember how to change the OS Quick Keys - is this still possible and if so, how?

3 hours ago, Des said:

Glad you got it solved Bo. 👏

Get your moneys worth I always say! I'm on a 7 year old iMac and a 12 year old MacPro (which is still motoring along nicely).

2013 MacBook Pro (personal) running stronger than a 2019 Dell Precision 7530 (work) here.  But I suppose if IT actually purchased something with a price tag things would be different.