AutoDesSys

Insert Entity Graphic while in Wire Frame mode

Paulji

Inserted entities show visually in Shaded Work mode as thinner lines.  Grouped objects also show insertions clearly as thinner lines and independent co-planar segments as heavier lines.

In Wire Frame mode there is no visual designation to distinguish whether a segment is inserted or co-planarly independent and on the face of another object.  One method to distinguish whether a segment is inserted or independent is to hover one's cursor over it.   Hovering over an independent segment highlights separately from the co-planar faces of objects on which they are drawn.  This method works okay except when objects are grouped.  It is simple to see whether Grouped objects contain inserted or non-inserted segments in Shaded Work mode but not in Wire Frame.

It would be nice if there was a thinner designation for inserted segments in Wire Frame mode.  

+1  I concede, that I struggle with inserting segments any longer.  I surmise that it has more to do with the current philosophy than any kind of bug etc...  It used to be that I could insert a segment into any kind of situation that I wanted (albeit, it may have been a limited set of circumstances).   Now, I am excluded from even that set.  For me, it is independent of rendering mode.  More of whether it is a planar or non-planar face.  Though, I get your point that there is not an indication one way or another to the intended result.

¢£