AutoDesSys

Multi View Window

kim

Have gone back to using multi view windows and had a quick reminder why I stopped using this feature.  When the cursor moves over the window it automatically selects the window.  This is a cool feature but if you want to work in one of the lower windows and decide to change the view or change the display from wire to shaded this is a tough task, as the cursor moves over the upper displays they get selected and thus changed but not the lower window.

I was wondering if anyone has a work around for this problem?  Or if changing windows could be a key stroke that froze a selection?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I'm with you. The multi view was such a key workflow feature for me when setting up compositions and views. Now it's near unusable because of the auto window activation. The only work around I have found is to detour your curser. Meaning travel the curser all the way around the interface window over the tool bars to get to your view pallet to change the view. Ie, don't let your curser touch a working window so it activates it. 

Maybe with any multiview or multiple window open the tools change their functionality slightly so that after choosing the display type a click in the desired view is needed - or alternatively views are numbered and a click and hold on the display icon brings up a pop up that enables you to choose the required view.
If only 1 view is open the tools retain their current functionality.