AutoDesSys

Can Full Shaded Ignore Materials by click?

ariel

Hi there, 

re - FZ 8.6 and FZ 9

Can Full Shaded display ignore materials (not textures), and display the whole model in one tone for example ? and then by a click or a shortcut, have the materials applied again to the real time render ?

Also, Can we shortcut the option to display Textures inside Full Shaded ?

Thanks

Edited by ariel
corrected a misspell

Easy to manage this using a layer override. In layers palette, edit the layer and turn on "Material" in the Override Attributes section. See attached. You can select what material you would like to over ride the native materials. In this example, I've made a white material and selected that as the override. If your model has many layers, simply create a Layer Group and place all layers inside that group. This will allow you to toggle material override on/off for all groups in one go, rather having to do this for all layers. Hope this helps.

layer override.png

I use this often, and I usually create a "Master layer" which has all the other layers contained within so that all the layers in the project get the override with only one box to click.

A key sct for that would be useful, but tricky to implement due to multiple layers.  Perhaps a key sct would trigger all layers' Material Overrides at the same time?

An alternative solution would be to have Material Override Attribute show up in the Contextual menu when you right click on a specific layer the way that Select All Objects On Layer is specific to the layer clicked on.

I create a master layer too, works well. Interesting is you can change a layer under the master layer too. For instance I always make everything white, except the glass layer for windows. This one gets override glass material. Looks wonderful.