AutoDesSys

Palette Dock scroll bar

AsOne

Now that the kinks have been worked out, more or less, I'm really liking the new UI.  There are still a few areas of improvement.  One is scrolling the palette dock.  It is very tedious to scroll the new palette dock on the right side of the screen.  I would love to see a scroll bar return to allow for super fast mouse based scrolling.  I realize it takes some screen real estate, but it would greatly improve workflow IMHO. 

I searched around and realize that holding Option key on Mac scrolls the full palette.  That is SO much better.  

However, scroll speed for the overall palette is still very slow compared to scrolling within a palette or a web browser.  

Edited by AsOne

It's going to take some getting used to the Tool options palette shifting all the other palettes up and down as it expands and contracts to fit the options of the chosen tool, but with my growing collection of dinosaur-unreliable-mini-failing-trackball apple mice, scrolling works lovely as long as I haven't stacked too many pallets on the side dock.

Mouse.jpg.6f8097118457a3809e2eae66edfdbb85.jpg

Yes I also realized after posting that I can hold Option key and mouse click to scroll.  Works well.  I might write Support to see if scroll wheel scrolling can be sped up.  

I gave up on Apple mice years ago.  I use a Kensington.  A few times over the years when I used to freelance I would bring my laptop and mouse into the office for a few weeks at a time.  I would leave my mouse at the office and it always was gone the next day as someone wanted to replace their Apple "magic" mouse with something that actually does just work.

7 hours ago, AsOne said:

Glad to hear they are looking into it already.  Thanks Justin.

reporting the bug and fixing it are two very different things

On 5/14/2020 at 6:46 AM, setz said:

It's going to take some getting used to the Tool options palette shifting all the other palettes up and down as it expands and contracts to fit the options of the chosen tool, but with my growing collection of dinosaur-unreliable-mini-failing-trackball apple mice, scrolling works lovely as long as I haven't stacked too many pallets on the side dock.

Just for information, Setz, the dock palette is currently useless for me:
- totally useless  in dual monitor configuration (either it is placed on the right which is too far from my modeling window (on the left) or my modeling window is straddling the two monitors
- bug of tool option pallete and inspector palette