AutoDesSys

Cleanup Show Palettes command + Hide form•Z...

Hi ~ I've been a user of form•Z since 2.9.5, but have only recently gotten back up to speed with the current version. My impression is that the program is much smoother in some ways, yet in other ways it has become overly complicated. For instance, on my older computer, f•Zs Tool palettes would pop-out so much more quickly and solidly. Now they are so finicky, it's frustrating...

Anyhow, my main wishes right now are:

1.) I wish the Hide Palettes command would not reduce the size of the viewer window and then throw big areas of black around it. When I am in Multi-View mode, it works like I wish the single view mode would: it expands the size of the viewer window(s) to fit the monitor, and does not have the black areas.

2.) I wish I could set a shortcut command for Hide form•Z Pro.

Thanks!!

Newbie,

Welcome back!

1.  +1

2. if you are on a Mac, you can run that through the operating system.  Pretty easy to do.

System Prefs/ Keyboard/ Shortcuts tab/ App Sortcuts/  + / Other (all the way at the bottom of the list)/

Navigate to the formZ app   Add the menu item you want  (The name has to be exact as the menu, Case and all)  for this item it is "Hide form•Z® pro"    then add your hotkey.  if your hotkey is in conflict with any that formZ uses, it appears that formZ takes precedence.  Making it appear that your hotkey for what you want isn't working.

Easy right?

If you are on windows, If I recall correctly, you need to change the keymap register?.  Or, I think there are system extensions/apps that you can get to modify the system.  That has been years since I had to do that though so I can't give specifics.

cheers!

Thank you, Chris!

Re: No. 1 above: would you please explain your answer?  What does "+1" mean?

Re:2:   I am on MacOS 10.14.6 (Mojave.)  I'm not finding the "System Prefs" folder. I'm finding Preference Panes, but no thread of folders as you speak of. Would you kindly direct me to the correct files folders thread for Mojave?

Thanks again and many cheers for your work!

Edited by Sunburst Metalworks
Need to add verbage.

Hey! I figured out the path you were talking about - You meant "Keyboard" in System Preferences. I thought you meant I should look in the System folder for pref's...   anyhow - -  SUCCESS!   Thank you!    I can now easily hide f•Z!  
Thank you, Chris!
But I still wonder, what do you mean in answer #1?

Edit:  Drafting up in the midst of your last response: I will include anyway.

Gary,

1.  The +1  means I am adding my vote to your suggestion.  I agree and would like to see that too, especially if a key shortcut could be applied.  Forum vernacular, I guess.

2.  The notation is meant to be steps, not folders.      the "/"  denotes the next step or click:   so in long-form.

• Apple icon top left corner.

• System Preferences...

• keyboard

• shortcuts tab/button

• App Shortcuts

• + key at the bottom of the larger pane

• Application: ____Other___   at the dropdown

• Menu Title: "Hide form•Z® pro"    don't include the quotes

• Keyboard Shortcut: Enter your desired that does not conflict with an existing fZ shortcut so that you do not have a conflict.   If you do have a conflict, then fZ's shortcuts appear to have precedence and your OS assigned shortcut will appear to nothing because in effect it is doing nothing.

Cheers!

¢hris £und

Edited by Chris lund

P.S.

I love that feature in OSX.  I use it a lot.      A bit of additional information.  I noted that you have to be exact, and I meant it.

If you ever have a menu item that uses the "…"     you must use the character … , not 3x key"." manually typed out.

the character is:  option- key";"

… vs ...

first is good, second is bad in this context.

I imagine it is possible that there are programs that may be able to block the OS's functionality on the matter, I don't think I have ever run into that though

cheers!

¢£

On 5/12/2020 at 9:22 PM, santa said:

Personally, I can never find the "any" key on my keyboard, when instructed to "press any key to continue".😕

"All this computer hacking is making me thirsty.... I think I'll take a TAB."

While we are in this jovial mood, I heard two lame (but don't tell them that) jokes from the kids:

1. "Q: What did one wall say to the other? A: I'll meet you at the corner."

2. "Q: What did one cannibal say to the other when he saw a tourist bus? A: Not tinned food again!"

Boom, boom......