AutoDesSys

Being optimistic

Des

I like to visit this forum very often to pick up tips, see what others are doing and if I can help other users in any way, it's like a daily habit. As an avid user for many years, I can't help but notice that there has been a lull in the amount of modelling tips, queries regarding to the actual 3d modelling and rendering. I realise that many users here have been around a long time, are seasoned users of FormZ and don't need the advice as much as before, but there is so much talent at our disposal here relating to varying disciplines.

I think ADS need encouragement too and it'd be nice to see some good things now and again from the users (Antons FormZ models and Pipos WIPs for example), especially in the times we're in at the moment. I know some of you are trying to help ADS with bug submissions and suggestions but maybe try to deliver it in a more positive way? Some here are like spoiled kids crying because they have to do four clicks instead of one and expecting a magic red button that does all..

And no, I'm not having a bad day today 😁

Des

Funny thing,  I started to write almost the exact same thing last night in regards to a recent post.  I know that people are frustrated at times when they feel that they are not being heard or that their suggestions are being ignored.  That is normal but I also feel that there are a few factors here worth mentioning.   First is that years ago when Paul was around we experienced a level of support that was quite frankly astonishing in our field.  I have used many programs over the years and even Max with its huge following was pathetic in their support.  I usually had to resort to the forum for any advice.  In other words we got spoiled.  Tech is still listening to your reports and advice but they probably do not have the manpower or budget to spend time responding to every single email.  From what I gather they are compiling these issues and trying their best to address them as quickly as possible and we need to exercise a bit more patience.  If you are waiting for a piece of software that is perfect in every way and precisely geared toward your style of work then I am afraid you are in for a world of constant  disappointment. Some of you have felt that the release of V9 was premature and I too felt that it could have used a bit more time to cook.  However, economics and reality might have had to take precedence over perfection.  Now it is out and I am trying my best to adapt to what I have in front of me with as little complaining as possible.  Every piece of software is a work in progress so lets do our best to make this one better.  They are working on it.  Patience is in short supply these days but it would do us all well to try to stay a bit more positive with our comments.   

When Des started this thread I asked myself could I add something positive... In the beginning I thought hold on, we are talking about a commercial company ADS is and they deliver software for professionals. It should just work! And of course there will be some reasons why on this forum users get frustrated. Maybe the development team become frustrated as well. And sometimes I think I do understand why. For example I believe the concept draft/layout is just wrong, therefore maybe they are not able to fix things in a reasonable time.

Anyway, today I saw a very inspiring presentation on Youtube. I know I know, it's from another company, and maybe far away from 3D modeling software. Although I doubt...

The reason I add this post is to inspire the def team with ideas/concepts they could implement in FormZ or to help to get a clue why certain software just works seamlessly.

So my point here is to inspire ADS dev team or anyone else on the forum to think a little bit out of the own area/box and combine solutions in a unique way. Not copy them because we are used to... 

The presentation made me happy! and I saw an interesting approach that could be used to make FormZ just better. Hopefully we see this post as a positive one, one that inspires.